Krambrooke will be offering a tuition-based program designed for those children who will be going into Kindergarten the fall of 2018.
- Must be four years of age by September 1.
- Successful completion of program assessment testing.
- Provides an extended educational opportunity the year before Kindergarten.
- Designed to bridge the gap between Preschool and Kindergarten.
- Additional curriculum in the afternoon to explore Social Studies and Science.
- Build stamina in children to offer an easier transition into the Kindergarten environment.
- Small class size of 12 students maximum.
School Year and Hours
- Classes are held from 8:30 to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Follows Romeo Community School calendar, with no school days on the days that the Romeo district is not in session.
- Attendance is expected on all school days.
- Before and After School Care available.
This program will blend the Common Core State Standards that are utilized by Michigan schools with the Core Knowledge Sequence of Education Curriculum, with subjects in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Social Studies, Social Development, Physical Education, Art, Music, Drama, and Foreign Language.
Children will be creating a writing portfolio that they will work in daily.
Children will work towards guided reading lessons within small groups and their teacher.
Designated block time will be devoted to each subject area daily.
Will utilize scope and sequence theory of learning for all subject areas.
Children will receive a 60 minute rest period after lunch. As the school year progresses, this rest period will be reduced down to 30 minutes to further help children prepare for their transition into Kindergarten.
Common Core verses Curriculum
Common Core is what students need to know and be able to do, and curriculum is how students will learn it.
The Common Core State Standards are educational standards for English language arts (ELA)/literacy and mathematics in grades K-12. Common Core is what students need to know and be able to do. Please reference the following link for additional information: corestandards.org.
The curriculum that Krambrooke utilizes is the Core Knowledge Sequence of Education. Please reference the following link for additional information: coreknowledge.org
Ms. Lisa grew up in Romeo. She has four- years’ experience in the Kindergarten classroom and one-year experience in a Pre-K classroom. Lisa’s educational background is as follows:
- A.S. in Early Childhood from Michigan Christian College.
- B.A. in Education with a History Major and Elementary Education Minor from Rochester College.
- MAE Reading Specialist from Northern Michigan University.